This is something I enjoy eating every night if I could. I make them in a variety of ways depending upon what I have on hand. Most of the time I like to broil my pita bread to make it crunchy. Here are some of the combinations that I make:
- spread hummus, top with cucumbers, sweet chili sauce
- garbanzo beans, top with cucumbers, sweet chili sauce
- feta cheese–broiled, top with cucumbers
- sliced tomatoes, feta cheese, bacon –broiled
- garbanzo beans, feta cheese, cucumbers
- hummus, topped with asian slaw
- in a bowl place, chopped cucumbers, garbanzo beans, chopped beets, on side add sweet chili sauce and eat with the bread. I scoop it on or put inside.
This is typically a dinner for me the mom. When my family is eating pasta and such, I opt for this. I love it and keep my pita in the freezer and pull out one for dinner every night.