Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Would you agree that by looking at your own life you would consider most things a blessings when compared to how the rest of the world lives? If you live in the United States, I am sure you would agree because it is obvious that we have been given freedom that many people do not have.
We have been given opportunities that many people don’t have. We’ve been given material and physical and spiritual abundance that a lot of people around the world simply do not have. Because of all of this, we MUST consider ourselves blessed.
Why make the change:
For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
It is clear in Gods word that to whom much is given, much is expected. In His word it says that we should use our blessings to bless others. In turn, when we bless others, God takes care of our needs.
Our blessings to others will come back on us
The more you bless other people . . . the more you help others, the more God blesses your life.
The more you try to bless other people in the world around you, the more God says, “I’m going to pour my blessings out on you.” It is almost like He will play a little game. Let’s see who will win. Let’s see who can give the most. The more you bless others the more I’m going to bless you in return. Not a bad trade off for being a blessing to others.
How to make the change:
What are some ways you can bless others? There are numerous things you can do, here are a few:
- Make a meal for a family. Maybe someone you know could use some extra help at dinner time–a new mom, a sick family member, maybe a single person who would enjoy someone else cooking for the night.
- How about a cold or hot drink to the service worker who is outside all day. Like your mail person, your garbage man, maybe lawn maintenance. I am sure on a freezing cold day, they would enjoy a hot cup of coffee.
- Every pay for the person behind you in a fast food drive thru? Try it, it could catch on.
- Pray for someone. Talking to God to help remove burdens can be a huge blessing. Pray, and start watching God move mountains.
- Write a letter of appreciation to someone. A heartfelt thank you letter for all that someone does, will brighten their day.
- Volunteer. Check out your local soup kitchen, hospital, or elderly care facility. I am sure they would enjoy a new face to visit with.
- Financially bless. Know someone who could use a financial blessing? Try this, BE BOLD do it in secret so that your left hand does not know what your right hand is doing:)
- Send a text filled with motivation and scripture to someone for the day.
- Go through your house and donate items that you have no need for.
- Surprise a friend or co worker with a birthday celebration. Investigate when their birthday is and surprise with a special lunch and dessert.
The best way to know who or what or how to bless is to ask God, ask Him what it is you can do to help others. He promises to bless those that are a blessing. Try it see how wonderful He is and how it will come back to you.