When I started my blog 2 1/2 years ago, I did it because I wanted to encourage other women who were in the same situation that I had been in. I was home all day long with babies, doing household work, and not getting much encouragement in my own life. Some days were pretty hectic, some were dismal, and others I can’t even remember. It was hard to find time to read my Bible, paying attention to a sermon was difficult, and attending a church fellowship meeting was impossible. I had many babies and they all demanded Mom’s attention.
Looking back, life could have went smoother, if I would have had more encouragement and teaching. I had many things from my past that I was allowing myself to hold onto and that manifested itself in my life. When things got dark, I just let that dark magnify and I would think on all of the “bad” in my life. It was not a good place to be. The bible says in Proverbs 27:17 that “iron sharpens iron and so a man encourages or sharpens his friend.”
Our lives are not meant to be downtrodden and full of sadness. God desires so much more for us. The problem is that we are not willing to take it. We question and doubt all that He has. We think that because it happens it must be the will of God. I know that I did. But what if what happens is because of our own choices and decisions? What happens when we don’t diligently seek out the Lord’s will? Then we blame God, we question Him, we wonder why, we doubt, we get angry, we settle, and finally we accept.
I’m here to share that that is NOT the way that we have to live. God did not intend for us to live that way. Why are we doing that? Out of not knowing, not trying and not wanting more out of life.
If I could tell you that you don’t have to live with depression, anxiety, doubt, and fear would you believe me? Why would we want to live with any of these things? What makes a person NOT want to change? Why have we come to accept that this is the “will of God?” It is not!!!
When I used to have “bad days” my husband would ask me what is wrong. My response was that I felt like a “cloud of doom” was encircling over my life and I did not know how to get out of it. I can look back now and know that it was depression from all of my past hurts, fears, and anxieties. At the time, I just could not decipher what it was. When we go through things it is much harder to see them ourselves. How we react to things, our decisions, our personalities are all based on the way that we were brought up or the way that we deal with things in life. Most are based on hurts and failures. That is why we have a lot of people that are offended. Many who can’t trust fully. Many who just accept that this is their lot in life.
My heart is to help women. Women who are in bondage to past sins. Women who think they don’t have a voice due to submission to their husbands. Women dealing with hurt and pain from things that they can not let go of in life. Women who think that God might have forgotten them.
“When the storm clouds roll in,” was written out of a love and desire to see women changed and set free from all that Satan has led us to believe is “the will of God.”
Over the next few weeks we will walk through the areas that are causing the storm clouds to start brewing in our lives. These areas include:
- devaluing ourselves
Think this is not for you? If you can answer “yes” to any of the following questions then this book is a MUST for you:
- Do you cringe when someone speaks positively about someone who has hurt you in your past?
- When someone brags about someone whom you know is living a lie do you feel the need to say something?
- When your husbands calls in the middle of your hectic day and asks you to do something, do you get offended?
- When your friends don’t include you on an outing, are you offended?
- When your friend speaks on how much weight she has lost, and you haven’t do you get offended?
- Do you feel the need to control what your husband does every minute he gets home from work?
- Do you not allow your husband to go off and have some “man time” because it isn’t fair that he goes over you?
- Do you have to pick and choose what you do as a family as far as outings, movie watching, and meals because your husband doesn’t know what is best?
- Do you have all the say where the finances have to go because you are the saver and he is the spender?
- Do you ever lay in bed at night and question if you chose the right man to marry?
- Do you ever covet when your friend gets a new vehicle or a newer house and your stuck with the same old broken down things?
- Do you complain to your husband that you need more money because he isn’t making enough?
- Can you look at yourself and be truly happy where you are at in life?
- Do you constantly have a prayer request or a need for yourself personally?
- Do you feel the need to share all your personal problems at the ladies prayer group so that you can get some sympathy from others?
- Do you like to share how badly your husband treats you so that others will comfort you?
- Do you limit food or purge food because it makes you feel better?
- Do you do things in secret that you would be ashamed if others knew what you were doing?
- Imagine if someone came into your home and observed your life for a day or even a a week without you knowing and wrote it all out for the world to see, does that make you nervous?
If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions then keep reading. Stay on this journey with us as we find the contentment in the midst of the storm.
Be blessed, Amy
**Don’t want to wait for this series each week? Then buy my book in it’s entirety for yourself or for your group study. You can buy it here and get it immediately as a download or you can click here and buy it from Amazon. If you are looking to buy it in bulk for group study, contact me for special pricing.
Desire more out of life!!!!