If you own a crockpot, this can be something that you make in the morning and let it cook all day. It is an invaluable tool. Do not attempt to do this if you only have a few hours.
You will need:
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 1 enveloped onion soup mix
- 1-3 lb eye-of-round or chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 potatoes, scrubbed and cut into cubes
- a handful of baby carrots
Combine soup, broth, and soup mix in the crock pot and mix well. Place roast in crock pot. Put potatoes and carrots on top. Sprinkle with pepper. Cook, covered, on low for 8 hours or on medium for 6 hours.