This lesson you will be using your food processor. Let’s go over some safety rules for using the blender.
- Be cautious when wearing a tie or loose clothing or jewelry when using a food processor. Tie long hair back.
- Do not put a food processor motor base in water or other liquids.
- Keep the food processor and power cord away from stove burners or other sources of heat.
- Do not leave a plugged in food processor unattended.
- Only use the food processor for the period of time or with the amount and type of ingredients recommended.
- Secure the processing bowl in place before attaching the S-blade or slicer/shredder disc.
- THE S-BLADE AND SLICER/SHREDDER DISC ARE VERY SHARP SO HANDLE THEM WITH EXTREME CAUTION.
- Always use the food pusher to feed food into the feed chute. Never use your fingers, knives, spatulas, or other implements to push food into the feeder.
- Assure the processing bowl cover is securely locked in place before turning the food processor on.
- Always unplug the food processor when cleaning the appliance or after you are done using it.
What are some things you can make in a food processor:
- make butter with heavy cream
- turn oats into oat flour
- grind meat chunks into ground burger
- turn cookies into cookie crumbs
- quickly shred potatoes
- slice potatoes for homemade potato chips
- grate carrots in seconds
- make coleslaw in minutes
- grind almonds, walnuts, or pecans into fine pieces
- make homemade pie crust without any work
- make bread crumbs
- make homemade pesto
- make pasta dough easily
- make homemade refried beans
- make homemade bacon bits
- grind up leftover turkey and ham for recipes
Today you will using your food processor and making a homemade dip. You can choose from the following:
Health and safety tips to observe before:
- Make sure your hair is pulled back and tie up any loose clothing to avoid catching on anything.
- Wash your hands and work area to prepare food on beforehand.
- Gather up all your ingredients before you begin working to ensure they are available.
- Remember a clean kitchen is important when working in it. Always put away items after using them to avoid a bigger mess.
- Wipe down any appliances or food containers BEFORE putting them away.
- Wash all your utensils and wipe down the kitchen area you were working in soon after to avoid not doing it.