This unit, you will be making a salad to add to your meal. You can choose from the following:
Making your own croutons
It is very easy to make your own croutons. Plus it has much less fat, because they are not deep fried like commercial brands.
- Take slices of bread, day old bread works best.
- Spread with butter on both sides, or you can brush on olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a variety of spices—garlic salt, basil, oregano, and Parmesan cheese are good choices
- Bake at 300 degrees until crispy –about 20 minutes
- When cooled, cut into cubes
Making your own salad dressing
It is easy to make your own salad dressings as well. Take a look at the ingredients listed on the back of a salad dressing bottle — there are many. Try mixing up your own in the blender. Try any of the following combinations. Remember it will take some time for the flavors to blend together in homemade dressing. Be sure to mix these up, and let sit for at least an hour or two so the flavors combine together.