Good hygiene tips
Here are some basic tips for good hygiene:
- Take a shower daily. You need to wash dirt and oil off of your skin. This is especially important after you exercise. If you can’t clean off right away, at least change out of your sweaty clothes and put on clean ones. Use a scrubbie pouf with soap and pay attention to these areas that oftentimes get overlooked like:
- Behind ears
- Upper back
- Arm pits
Change your underwear daily.The clothes next to your skin collect dead skin cells, sweat,and possible other unmentionable stains. Overnight bacteria starts to work on these stains so your clothes do not smell as nice on the second day.
Keep your vaginal area clean. You don’t need special rinses or soaps to keep this area clean. Simply wash the outside while in the shower with soap and your bath pouf and if you are taking a tub, the area will get clean by sitting in the water. Don’t put soaps inside as it can cause infections. Be careful taking too many bubble baths as the soap can irritate it and cause yeast infections. The vagina is able to clean itself. Remember during menstruation it is important to change tampons or napkins regularly and to wash your hands before and after to help cut back on any smells. While wiping your bottom area when using the bathroom remember to wipe from front to back—to avoid spreading any bacteria into the vaginal area.
- Brush your teeth. Take at least two minutes total or about five seconds per tooth, twice per day. Brushing and flossing helps keep your teeth strong and healthy. Flossing is important for removing the food between the teeth and helps prevent cavities.
- Wash your hands. Do this many times throughout the day to avoid germs and sickness. Some infections, such as e-coli and salmonella comes from food being contaminated by dirtyhands
and then eaten. It is extremely important to wash handsthoroughly with soap and water before and after eating and to be dried using a towel. Keep a bottle of hand cleaner handy for those times you can’t get to a sink.
- Get a good’s night sleep. Usually 8-9 hours are needed each night. This will affect you in a huge way.
- For those of you that have many things going on….take a quick power nap. Sleep no more than 20 minutes to help recharge you in the afternoon. Anymore, and you will wake up feeling exhausted.
- Brush your hair every day. To help keep oils off your face, keep it pulled back. Wash your pillowcase every few days to remove oils left from your head. Those will get on your face and lead to breakouts.
- Applying deodorant. Every girl sweats differently but one thing is usually true, that body odor is not a pretty thing. Be sure to shower each day and then immediately apply deodorant. You don’t want to be offense to others around you.
- Keep your nails trimmed to a good length. File edges to make them smooth. Do not chew your nails, keep a file with you at all times in case of breakage.
- Cut toe nails and push back cuticles on a regular basis.
- Keep your feet dry or wear socks . Sweat gets into your shoes leaving themmoist, which is the perfect breeding ground for bacteria. Air your shoes out as much as possible. You can even spray some Antibacterial spray into them and let them air out if you have been wearing them for an extended period of time.
- Walk and hold your head high. Don’t slouch, pull your shoulders back and keep your head up. You are daughters of the King, be proud of the girl that He has made you to be.