The easy way to wash bread dough off your bowl and utensils is this:
- Scrape off as much excess dough with a spatula or dish scraper.
- Fill the bowl with COOL soapy water, toss in all utensils, and leave it for 15 minutes. By using hot water it will make the dough stickier and you will end up with a gloppy mess that sticks to everything.
- Drain the water, grab the scraper again, and get all the loose dough off. Throw it in the kitchen scraps compost bin or the trash – it will do very bad things to your drain if you let it go down.
- Using more cool water and a washable cloth/sponge, wash everything. Once things look clean, finish up with a bit of hot water, like you would wash your dishes regularly
- Do the same for your counter tops. Scrape, wash in cool water, and then in hot water.