This is a great tasting meal that we enjoyed eating very much. You can make a big pot of it and then freeze some for a later meal–if you have any left:)
In your crockpot add the following—this is Tammy’s photo–I didn’t add them all nice and neat, I just poured them in together.
On the bottom pour a big can of mild Enchilada sauce then add:
- can of black beans–I added two
- 2 cups salsa or add diced tomatoes, cut up onions, cut up green peppers and red peppers ( I only had salsa on hand)
- can of corn–I added two
- rice—I added 3 cups
- amount of water for the amount of rice you added (I added 6 cups of water with 3 T chicken bouillon mixed in)
- 2 cups shredded chicken(I froze this on my meal prep day)
Stir together and cook on low for 4-6 hours until rice is soft.
This is what it looks like all cooked.Our toppings:
- corn tortillas–cooked on griddle with grapeseed oil
- flour tortilla
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
Serve. I also made some up and froze them for a quick lunch.