I came across this summer salad recipes on the web and I tweeked it a bit to fit our taste. Most everything I make I do on a “taste test” basis, meaning if it doesn’t taste good then I modify and add until I am happy with the results. That was the case with this salad. It has become a favorite of everyone in the family, and with 12 different opinions, that says a lot. Make it for your next potluck.
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 pkg turkey bacon, cooked and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 -12 ounce corkscrew pasta, cooked and drained
- 2-14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups of miracle whip
- 4 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce–we use sweet baby rays
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
This recipe makes a nice sized bowl, great for large families or for picnics.
- This would be really good with a packet of dry ranch powder mixed into the miracle whip.
- Tweak the BBQ sauce a bit, depending upon what your preferences are.
- You can make it healthier by adding a container of nonfat plain yogurt plus 2 Tablespoons of miracle whip, in place of the 1 1/2 cups salad dressing.
- chop up some sweet bell peppers
- if tomatoes are in season, by all means use them instead of canned
- you can eat this warm or cold, tastes great either way
Easy and delicious.