Having a carpeted house is something I wish I didn’t have. With so many people utilizing the floors, things can get dirty quite quickly. I prefer wood or tile floors as the mess cleans up better, but in those special cases, when say a dirty diaper gets dragged across the floor onto the couch, its time for some serious cleaning.
But what do we grab when we have serious stains?? I used to use Simple Green, thinking since it said “all natural” that it was. Don’t fall for marketing gimmicks. You can make your own all natural upholstery and carpet cleaner using basic simple ingredients.
mix together in a bowl
- 1/4 cup borax
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
Directions for use:
- Rub the paste into the stain and let sit for a few hours. You can put your hand in a ziploc baggie to keep from touching the mess on the floor.
- Vacuum up the dried paste
- Get on your hands and knees and scrub, gonna have to use some elbow grease, using a wet rag or brush, periodically rinse the rag or brush in water.
- Let dry and vacuum again.
- Let sit for a few days and stain will dissipate even more
Up next….all natural laundry soap